Club SCMM
July 27, 2017, 11:33:11 PM *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: SCMM LANDS' END E-STORE & LOGO'D APPAREL   For More Details Click Here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible sales experience  (Read 46922 times)

Rich

• SCMM Member
    • Email
Terrible sales experience
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »

As some of you may have read, I am a new member - we recently bought a Countryman at Crevier. Having noticed this forum - I thought it important to warn people of the appalling sales experience that we had when visiting South Bay during our search. As you can now tell - we were serious about buying a car, and we thought South Bay was first choice being closest to where we live right now. Upon entering the dealership we spoke to Timmy Yang and explained ourselves. I found him to be the most rude and obnoxious salesperson I have had the misfortune to deal with in all my time buying vehicles. Not only did he tell us - 'Just go to Carmax, we're not really interested in taking the trades here'. But he explained that they had only limited availability on Countryman models "so we would have to take it or leave it." When we asked about ordering one to our specifications he told us that it "would take a very long time so it's probably not what you want to do."

We left quite shocked at his rude offhand, disinterested manner and bought our car elsewhere. If you do go to South Bay MINI, I strongly recommend that you steer way clear of Timmy Yang.

Richie914Mini

• SCMM Member
    • Email
Re: Terrible sales experience
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

Hey Gang,
I have been noticing his topic since I joined a few months ago and I really need to offer my two cents worth on South Bay Mini because I believe they must have changed staff from Rich's experience to mine this year. I worked with Gilbert who was great.
The complete staff was professional and honest. Gilbert's right hand gal Alicia actually drove over 100 miles following me to get a signature from my wife at her place of work. I realize this was to close the sale but still a great effort on their part.
The finance dude was low key and didn't pressure the extended warranty as they are prone to do.
As I said maybe they changed general managers I am not sure but I felt compelled to offer my experience, and believe me I am a salesman and have bought a crapload of vehicles over the years so I come prepared for the typical bull when buying a new car.
My two cents,
Richie
Richie Proud Owner of:
New 2012 Mini Cooper S Hardtop (Former 2007 GTI Owner)
1974 Porsche 914 Purpose Built / Race Ready

Emy

• SCMM Member
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »

I received some MINI accessories for Christmas that I wanted to exchange. They wouldn't accommodate me because the items were not purchased at their dealership.  :(  
Enjoy your journey through life.......motor on!

mOstyn

• I Have Mad Cow
  • SCMM Member
  • Read my posts at your own peril.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:38:21 PM »

Hmmm? Interesting. Very interesting.
Mostyn Faulkner
Lightning Blue R56 MC named Scooter.
Capo Beach, CA

Emy

• SCMM Member
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »

Hmmm? Interesting. Very interesting.

Isn't it...? Hi, mOstyn!  :wave:  How's the mad cow goin'?
Enjoy your journey through life.......motor on!

mOstyn

• I Have Mad Cow
  • SCMM Member
  • Read my posts at your own peril.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »

It hasn't left yet.
Mostyn Faulkner
Lightning Blue R56 MC named Scooter.
Capo Beach, CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up