Club SCMM
September 23, 2017, 02:15:47 AM *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: Check it out! The LATEST edition of the SCMM Newsletter is now available!!!  Get it here!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transmission going; Looking to part out vehicle  (Read 707 times)

laxmini

• SCMM Member
Transmission going; Looking to part out vehicle
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:15:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

so the transmission in my 06 Cooper S Checkmate edition is going.  Replacing the transmission is too expensive to be worth the cost so I'm thinking of parting it out.  It has an upgraded supercharger (can't remember what the maker was- will find out), aftermarket exhaust and LED tailights.  Has not been in any accidents as far as I'm aware so body should be good to go.  Interior is upgraded as with all Checkmate editions (body colored dash and other parts).  Automatic.  Anyone have experience doing something like this?  Any resources would be appreciated.  Thanks.

stage1scott

• Officers
  • SCMM Member
  • Ventura county governor
    • Motoring Magic
    • Email
Re: Transmission going; Looking to part out vehicle
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

so the transmission in my 06 Cooper S Checkmate edition is going.  Replacing the transmission is too expensive to be worth the cost so I'm thinking of parting it out.  It has an upgraded supercharger (can't remember what the maker was- will find out), aftermarket exhaust and LED tailights.  Has not been in any accidents as far as I'm aware so body should be good to go.  Interior is upgraded as with all Checkmate editions (body colored dash and other parts).  Automatic.  Anyone have experience doing something like this?  Any resources would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ok how many miles, overall condition? I may be a buyer  BUT it many not need an entire transmission-we are replacing the valve bodies and saving these cars regularly.  a valve bod replacement is about 1500 with tax and fluid, call me at the shop today after 9 am 805-496-2300
Scott McIntyre05 MCS,prem/spt/lsd/conv/nav/hk/-RED, OF COURSE
08 MCSpw/pwnrednblue 250 hp shop car

SoCals PREMIER MINI enthusiast shop! www.motoringmagic.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up