March 21, 2018, 09:54:29 AM *
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

: Check it out! The LATEST edition of the SCMM Newsletter is now available!!!  Get it here!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legitimate or scam?  (Read 21833 times)

• SCMM Member
    • Email
Legitimate or scam?
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »

Got a letter the other day from an outfit in Ontario called Automotive Testing and Development Services, Inc. They said they'll emissions test my mini for free. Plus, they're offering incentives: $250, free use of a late model BMW, full tank of gas in both my car and the beemer, my car washed and interior cleaned and exchange of vehicles at my home. This sounded too good to be true so I called Bob Smith where I bought the car and they didn't know anything about it. I then called miniusa and after some time checking said it was OK. Still sounds fishy though. Anybody else get this letter or know anything about it?

• SCMM Member
Re: Legitimate or scam?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

Well, I've always lived by the notion that "If is sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

There's ALWAYS a hook.  Sadly, offering incentives then either up-selling or hitting you with hidden fees seems to be a standard even at the MINI dealership.  :D

Just be careful.

Mortos Der Soulstealer

• SCMM Member
Re: Legitimate or scam?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »

I got one in the mail and I think the offer was for $1,000 plus a loaner and supposedly it was insured and yada, yada, yada. Even if I didn't smell a scam there's no way I could part with my MINI for the month they were saying they'd keep my car!
'12 Midnight Black Metallic Coupe S
Pages: [1]   Go Up